Friday 5 July 2013

The good, the bad and the ugly.


Doldrums news, news and more news.





Better start with the "bad". After many years of keeping my prices the same, I am finally at the point of having to increase the prices of my dolls. They have been US59 for many years and I have loved being busy and able to keep prices affordable for everyone. Most of my stock is from the States and the Aussie dollar has been great the last few years but this is starting to change for the worse again. As of the 1st of August the dolls will be US79.00. As many of you know the process of needle felting takes many many hours and and it was time to make the decision to finally increase my prices. I have also had a lot of  interest from shops who would like to stock the dolls and this has previously been a dilemma as I didn't want to make the prices different in store and directly from me but I just couldn't afford to lose anymore money of the dolls without running at a loss.
 Anyway now the good news. I am more than happy until the 1st of August to take orders at the old price, this includes Christmas gift dolls to be made later in the year. I will set up a waiting list so if you have been wanting a doll now is the time to order! For all my loyal fans any doll you would like for any time this year, as long as it is ordered before the 1st of August will be at the old price.With your orders please state if you would like your doll later this year. As everyone knows I don't take money for orders until after you see your doll and this won't change!
Anyone who is already on my waiting list or have dolls "ON HOLD" the old price will apply.
Another future incentive to ease into the new pricing will be that a second doll order will be 20% off so grab a friend when you purchase your doll and split the difference.


Other good news Dolldrums is running a facebook comp. The FB terms and conditions are full on! I can't  announce the winner on FB but after it is drawn I will ask the winner if they are happy to post a pick of themselves with their new doll on the blog, so keep a look out. The competition finishes around the 18th of July. Please feel free to take yourself off the mailing list if it bothers you, I really wanted to do the gift for my current fans without any obligation but out of all the comps this was the most minimalist. I do only post about once every few months so I won't spam you if you decide to hang in there as part of the mailing list blog.



Now for the ugly, Melbourne Zombie Con is coming up in October and I have lots of little uglies almost ready to go (well half way there anyway) anyone in Melbourne, this event is going to be a heap of fun and is the first of its kind so hop onto the website and get your tix. There aren't many left of the original limited 600 tickets. If you do decide to come and you mention that we are Facebook ZomBuds I will give you 15% off on the day. Seriously worth a flight to Melbourne - it's going to be a great day and I would love to meet some of you in person. (Not all just some. You know who you are. Lol) Get Tickets here they are very reasonable!! http://www.zombiehire.com/mzc


 Whoa - that's all I think. Keep happy and always prepared for the apocalypse. As always see you on the soft side

Kylie Dexter :)



No comments:

Post a Comment